“Today we will look at the third letter in HEART— A. I will define it as Abiding. The root word is abide; it means to dwell; rest.
In order to be successful in your life you need to rest in His presence and you need to be a place His presence can rest.
“I am the vine, you are the branches. He who ABIDES IN ME, and I IN HIM, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing.”~John 15:5 NKJV
How to Abide:
- By walking in obedience to Him. HOLY SPIRIT is grieved when we walk in disobedience; He can’t rest.
- Intimacy with the Holy Spirit. He lives in you and every time you acknowledge HIM you become more aware of His abiding presence. Sitting in silence, resting in His presence is a perfect way to become aware of Him.
- Loving others. The Holy Spirit enjoys an atmosphere of love. As you walk in love He rests in you and you will have rest.
Blessings of Abiding:
- You bear fruit that remains. Abiding causes you to be more prosperous and successful in your life.
- You are protected. God is your Fortress. You no longer run and hide from Him, now you hide and abide in Him. The enemy can not touch you!
- You love well. As you abide in Him you will love God and His people more.
Ask Holy Spirit to help you to abide in Him and be a place He can rest. ??